Wandering Wursthorns’ Week 2 Stats
The Wandering Wursthorns have been doing a lot of wandering these past 2 weeks, particularly into areas of poor or no mobile data\phone coverage! This has meant we now have a bit to catch up on with the blog.
I have to say having time off from the “digital umbilical cord” (internet connectivity) has provided a refreshing break from digital noise of social media and email. This is a good thing and helps us all appreciate what is happening around us as we travel.
Keep an eye out for our week 2 and 3 posts over the next couple of days as we have some downtime at the Big 4 Caravan park in Alice Springs, NT!
Our stats for Week 2!!
Place Start: Wilpena Pound, South Australia
- Hawker, SA
- Quorn, SA
- Port Augusta, SA
- Woomera, SA
- Gamdumbo, SA
- Coober Pedy, SA
- Marla, NT
- Erldunda Roadhouse, NT
- King’s Canon Resort, NT
Place End: King’s Canon Resort, Watarrka National Park, NT
Distance travelled this week: 1930kms (Total 3500kms)
Fuel:⛽️ $638 (Total $1180)
Accommodation: ⛺️ $384 ($664)
Food:🍱(includes a bulk food top up at Woolworths, Pt August, SA) $337 (Total $674)
Booze: 🍷$30 (Total $30)
Eating out: 🍽 $46 ($123)
Medical: 🚑 None! ($45)
- 2 Bottles of Gas $48 Pt Augusta, SA.
- Water and Fuel Containers, Bike Lock, Toilet chemicals. $141
- Fly nets x 6 for the Red centre and beyond! $60
Oops we forgot…..
- All good this week. 😉
Repairs and Maintenance
- This week we purchased additional water and fuel containers at the Hardware shop in Coober Pedy.
- We also had our first experience of purchasing water from a bowser at Cooper Pedy. $1 for 30 litres!
- As we arrived at Erldundra Roadhouse on Friday evening we discovered that the auxiliary battery in the Land Cruiser was leaking and deteriorating! After a moment of panic, I made an early morning (Saturday) trip into Alice Springs, a 400km round trip, to consultant an auto sparky about possible solutions. In the end the most economical solution was to swapped the spare AGM battery I had for the caravan into the car. The auxiliary battery is extremely important as it is running our car fridge\freezer which contains lots of the meat stock we have brought up from Melbourne. PJ at Auto Sparky, Alice Springs was an outstanding honest individual who could gave me the right advice even though it ultimately did his business out of sale. What a champion!